What is Attraction Marketing?
In the African Bush a male impala sees a harem of females and he will strut around and show his stuff and contesting with the current king of the group, in the hope of attracting them to him.
Do you remember the days when we had to write letters that took weeks for a response or Faxes that were more receptive in time responses?
Before the ubiquity of online businesses when, companies with sufficient capital could only take advantage of attraction marketing by using offline forms of media, such as television, radio, and print materials, which are usually expensive. But since the Internet boosted online innovation, newbie digital marketers can now use much better more effective attraction-marketing tools available on the web at no cost.
Enter Attraction Marketing.
Attraction marketing is similar to attending a single’s event hoping to find “the one.” You’re more likely to attract interest from fellow singletons if you dress to the nines, use a puff of perfume and truly get into character of “attractive single ready to date.” But, if you appear sloppy, bring your B-game, and make little effort to pique people’s interest, chances are, you’ll return home having made no new contacts while cuddling your clowder of cats.
The primary objective of attraction marketing is to draw people’s attention toward your business “naturally,” and your success depends on how attractive you appear to your prospects. You have to seduce them with all that’s great about your service and identify those who wish to do business with you, then work with them to reach a common objective.
In the past few years, the idea of generating more cash flow from the first day you start your business has lead the way for many entrepreneurs who had struggled previously. This is not to say that we don’t have to work our “rusty dustys” off and probably need to invest more time and effort than in a “normal” 9-5 job.
In the flash of a lightning bolt across the sky an AHA moment was switched on and many people could see how they could create cash flow whilst still growing a successful business. The idea of attraction marketing is that you attract prospects to you rather than spending time having to chase them.
What this means is that you no longer have to hassle friends or family to join your amazing business proposition. This never really works as they join to try to support you and end up not having the same passion and belief as you do about your new found path to time & financial freedom. It also means you can relax at social occasions and don’t need to view everyone you speak to as a potential business prospect.
Attraction marketing secrets means that you attract targeted leads that you know will help to build the business. You’ll attract long term prospects and can start to generate money right from the start. How do we achieve this? The idea of attraction
marketing has kick-started a trend amongst many new entrepreneurs. They have now realized that it is possible to attract prospects by tapping into the powers of the Internet. The Internet effectively closes all boundaries and allows us to reach out to people across the world.
Let just retrace our steps though…..Back in the day when we were growing up in the 60’s our parents were attending “Tupperware” Parties or the “Avon” lady would knock on the door. Back then, this was how they network Marketed and how they attracted people to their product, service or Opportunity.
Network marketing is less restricted to approaching just the people you are familiar with. The fact of the matter is that attraction marketing secrets are sensible marketing tactics rather than secrets. You do your business by sending a message out to the people who actually want to hear about it. When this concept first started it was door to door and one to one, now we are so fortunate that we can reach copious amounts of people in an instant.
This capability of attracting many prospects and even better prospects that have the time and inclination to listen to your business offers, is a powerful one. It gives you an opportunity to get to the same level as those people who knew this, but chose to keep you in the dark when you were struggling before.
A marketing strategy can be broken down into the following stages:
- Potential customers find your website through your content like articles, social media posts, etc.
- They enter their details on your lead capture page.
- Prospects are added to your email list so you can frequently send them more valuable content.
During the third stage, your follow-up content will help potential customers decide whether or not to pursue business with you, so it’s vital that you’re on point with what you send them for greater marketing success. According to Demand Metric, “Content marketing generates three times as many leads as traditional outbound marketing, but costs 62% less.”
One of the key advantages of online attraction marketing is that people give you permission to communicate with them. Once they’ve entered their details on your lead capture page, they’re fully aware and accepting of the fact that they’re about to receive your content. This makes them less likely to unsubscribe since it was a choice that they made.
From positioning yourself as a valuable source to making the offer, you have to maintain the quality of your brand to the highest possible level. Your prospects are consistently going to be directed to your website and blogs so you must fine tune your content and re
main attractive for your existing and potential customers.
Attraction marketing should always be a part of your marketing endeavours and not just a momentary infatuation. It will keep your brand on its toes with regards to the way you appear in the public.
Scrub up well, smoothen your company’s rough edges and take full advantage of the efficacy of attraction marketing.
Every single person that I have met totally believes and is passionate about this business. It is so much more that what anyone expects! Great friendships are made, Time freedom is created, a quality of life is enhanced.
The ABC’s Strategies of Attraction Marketing!
One thing you cannot deny when it comes to building a successful Network Marketing business online is this….
Out of all the successful people doing it, 99% are doing so by utilizing a concept called “Attraction Marketing”.
Attraction marketing Pulls instead of Pushes?
It is something we all use in our everyday life whether we realize it or not. It’s been a method of attracting people to you so you can make sales, support others, or give advice that’s needed or whatever else we want. This method is mostly done offline. Online attraction marketing is done a little differently because you don’t have the 1-2-1 interaction. In order to have the most effective outcome, you have to learn how to skillfully orchestrate your words in a way that makes you become the magnet and your audience the steel. Having a magnetic “message” or way of communicating to your audience that “PULLS” them into your circle is attraction marketing.
It’s a strategy that when done correctly, has the ability to turn you into “The hunted, instead of the hunter”. And when that happens, it becomes much easier, to start creating free leads and sponsoring more reps into your business…. On a daily basis!
How does it work?
Life in general has become a “dog eat dog” world where we have to pay for almost everything including the air we breathe. It is a highly competitive world and to be noticed we need to really get to what we all crave – Value and understanding!
The attraction system is founded upon the principle that instead of going and find people to sell to, people need what you are selling and track you down.
This is the ideal style of marketing for anybody in the network marketing or multi level marketing business.
By cutting down the quantity of time you spend chasing new business, it increases the amount of time you have got to market your products and attract people to you.
The great thing is that the people you attract will not just be those desiring to purchase your products, they may well also desire to benefit from your success and join your network marketing business.
Seeing a pain and you find a way to solve that pain without being a sleazy salesperson. Now that you know what attraction marketing is let’s get into the ABC’s of attraction marketing.
The ABC’s of attraction marketing
A = Aligning your message with your audience in an authentic way. When you know what you know, you know how to teach this to your audience. ‘Sell the thing that explains the thing” – When you pretend to know it all and try to sell something, it comes across as fake. Let’s keep it real! We don’t know everything so keep it simple. The only way you can successfully persuade your audience is to be authentic and endorse only what you have experienced. People are smart and they can spot a con within seconds. Don’t underestimate your target audience. Being real will get your more friends and show you care than being fake and posting what you have no clue about or posting someone else’s results as your own. To be a leader you have to act like one.
The ABC’s of attraction marketing
B = Believe in your products or services, and your ability to assist your target customer with any issue that comes up. It is important to be accessible to your customer and to let them know that what you’re offering is quality. Remember, when your prospect feels you are a person of quality, they won’t have any problem believing that you represent quality. I can’t stress this enough; if you don’t believe then no one else will either.
The ABC’s of attraction marketing
C = Communicating and connecting in a consistent manner. Your audience wants to hear from you in a personable, direct way. Consistency implies a regular basis, but the key is setting the schedule in a way that your audience expects to hear from you. Make each piece of content connect with your audience instead of a “sales pitch”. I always post around the same time every day on my Instagram account and the rest are random. Generally, the all around the same time each day.
Conventional selling techniques often tend to lose touch with one extremely simple but crucial fact, people like to buy, however there isn’t anything certain to put a potential customer off a purchase faster than an assertive or pushy salesperson or advert.
With attraction marketing, the idea is to take the need to buy which already exists, and satisfy that need by giving the customer what they want.
It is no longer about selling product, attraction marketing relies on the concept that the best advert for the products you are selling is you.
Do you know when People say “ it sounds too good to be true” – this is because we have begun the sales pitch. This is when it starts to get pitchy and spammy and this is when you lose your potential customer.
Products do not sell products, people sell products and with attraction marketing techniques you can become successful quicker. You brand yourself as the most wanted part of the package and the sales follow.
If you’re a network marketer or have a multi level marketing business, attraction marketing is the simplest way to do business. You do not waste your time running after disinterested prospects or customers, instead you can free your time for doing more profitable things to promote yourself and your products and giving value!
The people you attract to your product / service / opportunity will be pre-qualified and won’t only need your products but may want to become part of your team.
With the economy the way in which it is, there are many hundreds of people looking for ways to make additional money. There also are lots of network promoters who are looking to switch their business for any number of reasons. Other network marketers are the perfect potential. Don’t simply tell them how great your opportunity is though. They have probably heard it all before and the hard sell won’t work. You’ve got to show them that with your opportunity they can have the business & the freedom they are really looking for, and become successful with you to help them.
How do you Hook the interest and intrigue?
Picture of a person fishing….
Have you ever been fishing where the art of the sport is putting a lure on that will attract that fish. Sometimes the fish are interested and other time one sits and waits and waits and waits. Patience is also a skill that we need to learn in this industry. Suddenly one takes the bait and it is hooked and then there seems to be a momentum that follows. When you are fishing for Tuna, one takes the bait and suddenly all the reels are whizzing out of control.
The same applies here..
Attraction marketing is the process of drawing interest to a company, product or service using carefully devised techniques. The goal is to attract potential customers to the way the item has bettered the seller’s own life. The company representative must develop a comfort level and relationship with the prospect first, then convince the prospect that the product, service or company can give him the same positive results.
If you use attraction marketing in the right way, your prospects and your target audience will think of you as a trusted leader and provider – not as a pushy salesman. Therefore, you’ll be able to attract and convert more without lots of pitching and convincing, because they know, like and trust you.
It is the strongest subconscious sales method, as it does not push any sale, but rather builds rapport with the prospective client or associate and a genuine interest in what you are offering. Attraction Marketing is more about sharing value rather than selling and letting the right people come to you rather than going to them and pushing the sale.
As a home business entrepreneur, you’re trying to get people to join you by becoming a customer and buying your products or you’re trying to get them to become an affiliate and join you in the business opportunity to earn an extra income to enhance their lives. Either way, your goal is to get as many people as possible in front of your presentation to learn more about what your company offers.
But, how do you do that?
How do you get people to take a look at what you’ve got?
The problem is, a lot of people are scared of the objections that they are inevitably going to get. They don’t want to bother friends and family, they don’t want to do three-way calls, they don’t want to do home parties and local meetings. They don’t want to have to talk to everyone within 3 feet of them or use the traditional old school methods of promoting their deal.
So how do you use attraction marketing in the right way?
Steps to Utilizing Attraction Marketing in Your Business
Attraction Marketing is not a new concept, but it has grown bigger and easier to use, with the advent of the internet and the social media.
There are many tools you can use in Marketing to attract an audience, depending on the type of business and the branding. I have included the four basic Attraction Marketing tools, that top Marketers use:
– Free Advice through Blogs, posting Articles online, Guest Columns in Magazines, Video Blogs, and Newsletter: If you are an expert in your field, you have an expert know-how which can help others. By sharing useful information for free with your audience on a constant basis, you not only keep them engaged with what you do and build a relationship of trust, but you also educate your audience about your product/service. People who resonate with this information that you are sharing and find it useful, most probably will someday become your clients, associates, business partners or recommend you to others.
– Free Giveaways: There is a reason all successful Internet Marketers and many bestselling authors utilize Free Giveaways, especially during product launches. If you have a new product coming out, giving a free preview like chapters of a book you are launching or a training video about a new product which provides valuable information that people can use to benefit even if they don’t make the purchase right away, is more likely to get people interested in eventually buying your product, than traditional advertising of the product. Free Giveaways can also take the form of offering a free seminar, free consultation, product sample or special event targeted to your audience.
– Connect through Social Media – It may have become a cliche, but social media play a big role in utilizing attraction marketing to connect with customers and attract new ones, when used correctly. A word of warning: don’t use social media to constantly directly promote your product, as this is not attraction marketing. Always keep in mind that people go on social media mainly to socialize and relax. Share useful and helpful information, present successful happenings in your business, share your events, articles, photos and have people asking to find out more about what you do!
– Create Controlled Publicity – If you can find ways to get in touch with key press individuals and present your work in popular local and international media (TV, Newspapers, Magazines, Radio, Popular News Portals) through articles, interviews and presentations done by journalists, you can skyrocket your Attraction Marketing ratio, provided these presentations are of high quality and do not look like advertisements. People tend to believe more what the media say as true, than what you tell them directly, so if you get positive coverage by the media, you instantly gain credibility. It’s a common truth in the publishing world, that if you are lucky enough to get invited by Oprah on her show when you have a book launch, then you probably have an instant best-seller without much additional promotion!
Attraction marketing involves a few things if you want to do it the right way.
You’re going to need to be building your email list. Because as you attract people to yourself, you want to be able to contact them via email with different offers, but you also want to be able to send them your awesome blog posts or videos. For example, you have a blog and your goal is to give away what we call a lead magnet. Your lead magnet is going to be something that people are going to want to give you their email address in exchange for access to it. So, they can opt into your website and get that free item that you’re giving away. When they opt in, they are now on your email list, and this is your chance to promote or recommend different offers and products to them. The more people that you have on your list, the more sales you can potentially make.
For attraction marketing, you also need to have a place where people can come to get to learn more about you and the best place for that to happen is by having a personally branded blog. It is not an option. You must have a blog so that you can put your content on your blog and continue to share that content so that people will begin to like you. They’ll come and watch all of your videos and read all of your posts. It’s amazing to me when I go to different events, to hear people say, “Hey, Suzy from Kenya, I’ve watched all of your videos.” They immediately feel like they know me when they see me out in public. We may have never even met, but yet they’ve watched so many of my videos, they feel like they know me and that’s what you want.
One of the best things about using attraction marketing is that you don’t get objections when people are coming to you. Objections arise when you are the one reaching out and prospecting, and you’re contacting people to pitch them on your opportunity. That’s when you get questions like, “Well how much are you making?” “How long have you been doing this?” Those questions don’t happen when people are attracted to you and they just want to join you, because of who you are. They want to find out what business opportunity is she in because I want to join her.
I was recently at an event where no one spoke about their Company but they just connected with the person and it was a real bond experience. It creates a likeness and a commonality this automatically attracts people to you. People don’t join the business, they join you.
You really want to work on attraction marketing. It’s the simplest way to do it, to get people to join you in business, and that is when you’re giving value, you’re putting out content, and people are beginning to like you. That’s really the bottom line. That is what attraction marketing is.
The Do’s and Don’ts
Attraction Marketing has been one of the biggest buzzwords in network marketing these days. And it is in fact a very powerful prospecting tool if done correctly.
Unfortunately, as with any industry its core message has been fazed and fogged as the term has been passed on from marketer to marketer and its core message seems to have been miss-interpreted.
There has been a lot of negativity lately about the awfulness of direct sellers methods of pushing their products on social media, and basically alienating their friends and families who are sick of seeing “buy my stuff” and “join my team” constantly. And you know what? They’re right!
Yes, I’m saying that even though 1 – I’m a consultant, 2 – I run a social media training company, and 3 – I do most of my business on social media. There are simply correct and incorrect ways to market small business online – including direct sales businesses.
People come to Facebook for two primary reasons: to connect socially, and to be entertained. If you are not serving one of those purposes with your personal posts, then you need to rethink your strategy.
If you wouldn’t do something in person, don’t do it online. Would you walk into a crowded room and yell “who wants a new business?!” to a bunch of strangers? No. It’s like we’ve forgotten about basic social etiquette.
In this DO’s & DON’Ts segment, I hope to grab your attention to many of the mistakes being done with regard to attraction marketing so that both new and old network marketers can fully understand this “new” powerful tool for prospecting.
So let’s get started.
- Post constant business content on your personal Facebook profile. It’s against Facebook policy, and frankly, just tacky to push your business content into the newsfeed of people who you are supposed to be friends with socially. Do this constantly, and expect some unfriending.
- Add people to private Facebook groups without their consent. People want control over their own news feeds, and suddenly you’ve put the burden on them to leave the group they never opted-in to in the first place. I’m now the horrible awful friend that doesn’t support your business because I left a group I never asked to join.
- Tag your friends on business posts on your personal page. It forces the content into the newsfeed of your friend’s friends, and is a sneaky underhanded way to expand your reach. Taking advantage of your friends in this way (especially those with large friend counts) is so underhanded, it’s almost brilliant. But if they are equally brilliant, they’ll tell you to chill out on the “Oh my gosh, this amazingly awesome thing I sell made me think of you!!” [while tagging 15 of your best friends].
- Invite 1500 of your closest friends (or those you haven’t spoken to since 8th grade) to your Facebook parties. Cattle call for jewelry, or makeup, or skin care, or nail wraps, or home decor – fun! No. Expect very low responses and engagement.
- Friend someone you haven’t talked to in forever, and immediately hit them with your fan page link. Really? You only want me for my “like”? I feel so cheap.
All this stuff is just off putting and unprofessional, makes you look desperate, and is what gives direct sales and small business people a bad rap. It’s creating relationships that are now only based on avoidance, and is what will burn out your warm networking within a few months and leave you no one left to sell to. Now read on…
- Setup a Facebook business page if your brand allows it. Post your business content there. Invite your connections to come over and like your page. Send them personal messages inviting them. But by all means, do NOT send an invite to your fan page to someone you haven’t ever had an in-real-life conversation with, or someone you haven’t talked to since 8th grade. Or warm contacts under the coy veil of “we haven’t chatted in so long! Come see what I’m doing now!” It’s kinda transparent. Trust me – no one is going to buy from someone with whom they have zero social relationship.
- Genuinely engage with your friends, and build personal reciprocity. Your true friends and family want to support your business. They really do. They just don’t want to be pressured, feel guilty, or constantly exposed to it. Trust me, they know what you sell. You don’t need to remind them every other minute.
- Create original content that reflects your online personality and voice. Your content should follow an 80/20 rule. 20% business stuff, 80% everything else. Find your voice, cultivate your style, and use it. People will engage because they like you.
- Follow the three P’s in your 80/20 content strategy: Purposeful (useful information, tips), Personality (your own interests, humor), Promotion (your products and business).
- Create community and personal engagement on your fan page or VIP group. Give your fans a reason to come back – and guess what, it probably won’t be because of your product. They are coming back because of YOU. What do you have to offer? Your humour? Your amazing tips? Your stunning sense of fashion? Your brilliant blog posts (ahem)? That’s your community.
- Invite only a small group to your Facebook parties or sales events (or coach your hostesses to do so), and follow-up each with a personal message about the exclusive event for your VIP guests. Would you invite 1500 people to your house? No. You’d invite your closest friends who you know are interested in the topic or product. And you’d make it personal for them. Carry that over to your online parties too.
Like with any new business, there is a right way and a wrong way! Remember when telesales people started marketing their wares over the brilliant new technique of using the phone. No one knew who was calling, so you could hijack their time to sell your wares. When people got used to it as soon as they knew that it was “one of those sales people they would either put the phone down immediately or not even pick up at all. Telesales people have such a bad reputation. It is not that they are bad people but companies used this very successful strategy to sell whatever it was that they were selling. In some ways Network Marketing has the same reputation because there are some, whom bombard their social media pages with their product, service or opportunity and reach out to people without even asking their name and where they are from. It is rude and insulting and no one likes it. This is where Attraction marketing is so different. We have a duty to take the controls and brush up on your social media skills. Learn about using Facebook for business, develop a good Instagram hashtag strategy, learn how to create your own original graphics, and read up on attraction marketing strategy. Your brand sells your product. You sell your personality. You CAN have a successful online business, without your friends unfriending, unfollowing, unsubscribing you.
This industry has absolutely given access to extraordinary rewards to so many people whom were struggling with creating a life of their dreams. I am absolutely convinced that this is what I have been searching for and already in the few short years that I have been in this business it has completely given me everything that I had ever hoped for. Travel, Time freedom, Personal development and incredible friendships that will be forever. It has cost me very little to be my own boss and I honestly wouldn’t hesitate to recommend you give it all you have – it will change your life!